Cutting or Serving Board Care
Caring for your Cutting or Serving Board
To ensure that your board remains in tip top shape, please follow the steps below.
- After use, wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge and dry it carefully.
- Do not store your board near a heat source, and do not let it soak in water. Leaving your board in water or near heat could lead to warping.
- Your new board has been well coated with a high quality oil, and its surface should be refreshed regularly. To do so, use mineral oil or a high quality cutting-board oil. Do not use olive oil, however, because it is a food product and will go rancid.
- Certain foods can leave stains on your cutting board that you may wish to remove. To do so, dip the open side of a half lemon in salt and rub it on the cutting board. When you have removed the stain, remember to re-oil your cutting/serving board.
- Over time you might find that the fibres in the wood feel appear to be raised. This is usually a sign that the board has been wiped with too damp a cloth. To remedy the issue, wipe the board with a 400 or 600 grit sand paper and then re-apply your favourite high-quality cutting-board oil.
- To sanitize your cutting board, spray it lightly with vinegar. Let it sit for several minutes and then wipe it down. After sanitizing your board, please remember to re-apply your favourite high-quality cutting-board oil.