Ottawa City Print - goods

Ottawa City Print

Raymond Biesinger

The Ottawa City Print by Raymond Biesinger. This is Ottawa on 7 May 1945, the day the Second World War ended in Europe.

Screenprinted in a 3rd edition of 111 copies by Séripop in March of 2014 at 24" square, two colours on white 12 pt Bristol paper. Signed and numbered on the back.

Included in the image: east of the Rideau Canal we have Rideau Hall, St. Brigid's Church, St. Anne's Catholic Church, Toller House, the old Soviet Embassy, Daly Building (demolished), not the Bytown Cinema (not built yet), Byward Market, St. Davis Eastern United Church, Panet House, Tabaret Hall and the University of Ottawa, Union Station, the Chateau Laurier. West of the Rideau Canal we have the House of Commons with East and West Block, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Langevin Block, St. Andrew's Church, the Home of Igor Gouzenko, Birkett House, the Duncannon, Campbell House, the Cartier Square Drill Hall, and the Canadian Museum of Nature. And of course, we have (across the Ottawa River) a bit of Hull.




Related Items